In better news, we did attend a church on Sunday with our team and were so encouraged by it. We arrived not really knowing what to expect except an all spanish 2 hour service with 12 little ones. I think we all left a little surprised by how encouraged we were. The whole church gave us a very warm and thoughtful welcome. The pastor even had someone come up and translate the welcome into english (although he said that was the last time he would do that since we are here to learn spanish!). After the singing the kids totted off to their kids program like they'd been going there for years. Abe was a little reluctant but Hannah scooped him right up and said in her sweet little mama voice, "It's ok Abe - you're going to like it! They're going to speak spanish to you!" I didn't catch all the details of the sermon but I got the main gist of it and certainly understood more than I would've a month ago! And I never get over hearing people worship in different languages - always very moving for me.
Ok, here are the other pictures for the grandparents:
| Daddy keeping Abe occupied while I get dinner on the table. |
| Eli whipping a liter of heavy cream to make banana pudding - took forever (no mixer) but it was worth it! |
| Maybe one of the sweetest pictures ever! This is a little playground by La Ferria where we buy all our produce on Saturday mornings. |
Eli's other quotable quote of the week (he's been on a role lately): "Daddy, how come all the people on the bus stare at us?"
There IS something wonderful about hearing people worship in other languages! Great pictures and quotes! It's funny to see y'all experience such similar things as my sister did with both the rain and the cute little white children. I just hope that they're not into pinching kids' cheeks in Costa Rica like they were in India. One of my nephews was apparently so cute that while he was in India for the first months he got pinched on the cheeks so often that he got impetigo. I hope that Spanish is coming along well. Vaya con Dios!
ReplyDeleteWill