So clearly I'm a terrible blogger. Hopefully I'll improve as time passes but at this stage in life - well, let's just say I'm not making any promises. To catch you up on life here in sunny Costa Rica:
Third trimester has begun! As we've said before, we have come to realize what a LONG process language learning is but we are encouraged with where we are. We can pretty much communicate whatever we need to but sometimes (ok, oftentimes) have to talk in circles to make sure we're getting our point across. This tri will be about fluidity and a lovely little tense called subjunctive that puts much more feeling and emotion behind the words. Our teachers gave us the mechanics of subjunctive last tri but comprehending it on paper and making it flow out of your mouth are two different beasts! Yes, we could be understood without it, but I think it will lend so much more depth to our relationships in Peru. And really, how do you communicate the grace and love of Christ without emotion? Time to practice, practice, practice after a very refreshing break filled with visitors!
| The Masseys have arrived! Three days at the beach with all 12 kids! |
![]() |
| Hannah, Eli, Hank and Molly |
This tri also signifies some other major changes for us. Eli returns to school after 4+ months of homeschooling. I'm so thankful I had that time with him - what a joy to teach your child to read! God has been really faithful in confirming in my heart that we made the right decision to pull him out of the classroom. Transitioning here hit him maybe the hardest of anyone in our family so beyond the surface need of being ready for more of an academic challenge was the deeper need of some attention and one-on-one time. He has really adjusted well now and it's sweet for me to see the Father's provision for him. In the midst of that assurance, I still must confess a little fear in sending him back. Why mess with something that's working so well??? But then there's that other little change for our family in the form of a new baby... So we've talked and prayed through it a lot and now he says he's "taking one for the team." Haha - good life lessons!

Speaking of baby, I had an appointment today and she has turned (last time she was breach)!!! I feel like she's still moving around a lot so continue praying that she will stay in a favorable position. She has actually dropped (which is unusual for my babies before I'm halfway through labor) and I've started to dilate so we'll see what this week brings! The next time I blog I should have a sweet little bundle snuggled up next to me:) right now my (very large) belly clicks the mouse every time I lean over the computer - ridiculous!

Speaking of baby, I had an appointment today and she has turned (last time she was breach)!!! I feel like she's still moving around a lot so continue praying that she will stay in a favorable position. She has actually dropped (which is unusual for my babies before I'm halfway through labor) and I've started to dilate so we'll see what this week brings! The next time I blog I should have a sweet little bundle snuggled up next to me:) right now my (very large) belly clicks the mouse every time I lean over the computer - ridiculous!
This blog is getting too long so here's the rest in quick time and you can ask me questions if you have them: I'll be tutoring full time now instead of attending classes. Pray for Abe as he's had several ear infections lately and is having trouble clearing all of the fluid. The first branch of our team (the Hensons) have left Costa Rica and will arrive in Peru in just a few weeks! We will be the next ones to get there and will let you know our plans for our time in the States soon. We love and miss you DEEPLY!!! Thank you for continuing to partner with us in the movement of the Gospel for the glory of CHRIST!!! Here are a few more pictures:
| Hank encouraging Abe after the latest goose egg on his head |
| The rat that Mark killed. In our kitchen. Seriously. |
| The oldest 6 kids on our team dying Easter eggs - didn't turn out that pretty since all the eggs here are brown but they had fun anyway! |

Oh Rachel, how great to see all of your faces--even new baby. She's beautiful. Praying for a wonderful delivery experience.
ReplyDeleteMary Tabb
You are a great blogger. Thanks so much! Miss yal and can't wait to see you all. Yeah for another GIRL!!!
ReplyDeleteRelieved that baby has turned and I will pray for a safe and fun :-) delivery! I like reading your blog and it is good to catch up!
ReplyDeleteSo great to hear from you! Will be praying for all you mentioned. I think you've got the "obviously preg" look adequately documented! You look great! Love seeing all of the smilesv:)
ReplyDelete