Five short months ago we dove into homeschooling a 3rd grader, a 1st grader, a Kindergartner, and a few other tag alongs. Last week I sent them out into the world.

| Inside the gates of Ausangate |
Ausangate is a bilingual school with a little over half of their day being taught in Spanish. It's going well so far although Eli's teacher did say that after the first few hours on the first day he just covered his ears with his hands and put his head down on his desk. I can relate!!!
It's hard to let them go for a season but I'm glad to come home to this:
Pray for Hannah, Eli and Hank (and Abe - he's going to a neighborhood preschool several times a week) as they enter into the Peruvian school system. Pray that Mark and I will disciple them well as they learn to share the gospel in a different context than anything they've encountered before. There are precious few other believers in the school - no christian teachers or administrators that we are aware of. Pray that they would gain fluency quickly and be patient with themselves and their limitations as they do (imagine having to write/do projects in a language you don't really know). Pray that they would make friends and that their relationships (with friends, teachers, each other) would be winsome for Christ. Pray that their relationships with each other would strengthen through these shared experiences and that God would keep their little hearts steadfast in Him. Thanks for walking through these things with us.


Praying for you guys.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the deleted last comment. It did some weird thing where there was plus between each word. Anyway, what I said was that I am praying for y'all and especially the kids as they adjust and learn the language. My nieces are in public school in Madrid where they speak only spanish. It took some adjusting and learning, but they are doing great now. Hang in there! Here is their blog if you wanna look (you'll have to go back to some of the earlier posts to see their photos of school and stuff): http://whitmire6.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete